Apex Dermatology & Skin Surgery Center is a rapidly growing, skincare facility that empowers employees to deliver exceptional patient experiences.
We are currently looking for a talented candidate for the role of Medical Assistant. The Medical Assistant is responsible for administrative as well as clinical tasks, such as maintaining patient records, preparing patients and rooms for examination, assisting physicians with exams, and performing front-desk tasks. Ideal candidate has good problem-solving and analytical skills, an ability to work as a team member and well-organized with strong attention to detail.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- No assigned supervisory Responsibilities
- Escorts patients to exam rooms in order of appointment times.
- Obtains short history and vital signs as required by patient’s chief complaint. Obtains or updates patient medication list.
- Sets up exam room according to scheduled procedure or anticipate provider’s needs if non-scheduled procedure is likely.
- Transcribes during visit and assures documentation of patient care to meet criteria dictated by legal practice, state health laws, and Medicare regulations.
- Assists physician with biopsies and surgical procedures.
- Educates patient as required after physician establishes the treatment plan.
- Ensures that the patient understands the treatment plan, understands the proper use of their medications, and understands their responsibility for compliance with the treatment plan prior to leaving the office.
- Straightens and cleans exam rooms after patient visits.
- Maintains patient records and charts
- Institutes emergency care appropriately, accurately, and professionally.
- Accepts responsibility for patient safety and assures safe practice.
- Travel may be required due to need of position
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Current and valid documentation as a Certified (Registered) Medical Assistant
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong team-building skills
- BA/BS in relevant field
- 2 years’ experience of medical assistance
- 1-year experience in Dermatology field
- Health Insurance